Cheese-Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 csliced onion
5 mediumcarrots cut on the diagonal, cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces (2 cups)
·boil the above until partially tender.
·make cheese sauce
3 Tbspbutter or margarine
1/6 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 cmilk
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese (grated)
How to Make Cheese-Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots
- To make cheese sauce - In small saucepan melt butter then remove from heat and stir in flour, salt, pepper, then stir in milk and blend well.
- Over medium heat, bring to just under a boil and then add the cheese and stir until thickened and smooth.
- In a greased shallow baking dish (about a 2 1/2 quart) layer half of the potatoes, onion and carrots.
- Top with half of the cheese sauce
- Add the rest of the potatoes, onion and carrots.
- Cover with the remaining cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle a little more cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake covered, at 375 degrees, with foil, for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Take cover off and brown the top.