★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cwhite rice, 5-minute rice
1/2 ccelery, chopped
1 pkgfrozen broccoli, 16 oz
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 jar(s)8 oz. jar of cheese whiz
2 Tbspbutter, stick
How to Make Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place water in small saucepan and bring to boil. Add in rice, stir. Cover with lid and immediately remove from heat (keep lid on for 5 minutes).
- Place frozen broccoli in microwave safe bowl and microwave at full power for 3-1/2 minutes.
- Sauté celery and onion in 2T. butter on medium heat in large saucepan. Turn heat to low and add soup and cheese whiz. Stir until melted and combined.
- Add in broccoli and stir.
- Remove cover from rice and stir with fork. Add rice to soup mixture and mix carefully.
- Pour mixture into greased casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.