- 3 pkg
- frozen broccoli ( steamed till tender)
- 1/2 c
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 -1 pkg
- (sleeve) of ritz crackers
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- milk ( i omit if i want it to be thicker and creamier or i subsistute 1/2 cup sour cream for the milk)
How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Casserole
- 1Cook (steam) broccoli until tender. I usually leave the broccoli a little crisp because it cooks more in the oven. You can also use fresh broccoli and steam it first before combining with additional ingredients. Two Large heads are usually enough.
- 2Combine Cream of Mushroom soup with milk (or sour cream),mayonnaise and eggs. Next, stir in cheese.
- 3Pour this mixture in the broccoli and gently mix
together so that you do not mush up the broccoli.
- 4Put the mixture in a large casserole dish. Crush 1/2-1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Dot with the butter on top of the crackers.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 Minutes. Crackers with start to brown a little and casserole will be bubbly around the edges when it is done.
- 6Remove from oven and let rest for about 5 minutes and serve!.....Your family and friends will praise you for this dish!!