Breadcrumb topped Baked Mac and Cheese
16 ozelbow macaroni
3 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 1/2 cmilk, divided
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
16 ozcubed (1/2") velveeta cheese
8 ozmild cheddar, shredded, divided
8 ozmonterey jack cheese, shredded (with jalapeno if desired!)
1 tspblack pepper
1 cbread crumbs (i recommend panko style, but regular will work as well)
How to Make Breadcrumb topped Baked Mac and Cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan on low heat, melt the Velveeta into 3/4 cup of the milk-stirring often.
- Pour melted cheese sauce over pasta and stir to coat.
- Add in butter, remaining milk, eggs, 1/2 cup each of the shredded cheeses and salt and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheeses and then sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake until the top crust is golden brown and casserole is bubbling-about 25 minutes. Serve hot and Enjoy!