Black Bean, Black Olive, and Mushroom Stuffing
- 1/2 Loaf
- artisan day old everything french bread [found at walmart] or other savory bread you like, sliced and broken into pieces
- 1 6oz can(s)
- whole large black olives, sliced, liquid reserved
- 1 4oz can(s)
- sliced mushrooms stems & pieces, liquid reserved
- 1 small
- onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c
- sliced celery, adjust amount to suit your taste
- ground black peppercorns to suit your taste
- 1 tsp
- or so of minced garlic, any version, to suit your taste
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, canned and rinsed
I USED THE OTHER HALF LOAF OF THE BREAD TO MAKE CHIPOTLE BUTTER TOASTED FRENCH BREAD.
How to Make Black Bean, Black Olive, and Mushroom Stuffing
- 1Slice your half loaf of day old bread, doesn't have to be all the same size slices, and tear the slices apart into chunks in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Slice your black olives into the bowl, add the chopped onion and celery, add the liquid from the from the black olives and liquid with the sliced mushrooms stems and pieces to the bowl.
- 3Grind some black peppercorns over the bowl, and add the minced garlic. Stir this mixture until all the bread is moist, you may need to add a little water to get all the bread moist.
- 4Add the rinsed black beans, stir well. Transfer to a covered casserole baking dish. Bake covered at 375 degrees for a half hour, or if baking with other food at a higher temp, keep an eye on the dish until the liquids in the stuffing are bubbly. Remove lid to brown the top of the dressing if you prefer it crisped on top, and bake another 10-15 minutes. Serve.
- 5As with any stuffing, you can make this up the day before, and bake it next day. Just make sure the container you have the stuffing in is tightly sealed so it doesn't dry out.