Biscuit and Blue Cheese Bread Pudding
I made it with the amount of blue cheese it called for and another time I made it with a little less because that is what I had. I liked the one with a little less so that's how I make it all the time now.
- 8 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- crumbled blue cheese
- medium green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 c
- frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 c
- heavy cream
- eggs, lightly beaten
- baked buttermilk biscuits (2 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Biscuit and Blue Cheese Bread Pudding
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the blue cheese into the baking dish. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green peppers and onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn and jalapenos and cook for 1 minute more. Take the skillet off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the cream and eggs. Crumble the biscuits and the remaining blue cheese into the custard and stir to combine. Stir in the sauteed vegetables and the salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Bake until golden and set in the middle, 50-60 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and serve hot.