Barley Soup Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
1/2 cbell pepper, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 cbarley, medium pearl
1/4 ctomato paste
2 tspbeef bouillon granules
2.5 cboiling water
14.5 ozstewed tomatoes
How to Make Barley Soup Casserole
- Crumble beef into a microwave safe plastic colander suspended over a 3 quart casserole.
- Top with onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic; cover with casserole lid or vented plastic wrap.
- Stirring midway through cooking, microwave on high for 6 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink.
- Discard grease and place barley, tomato paste and bouillon in same casserole.
- Pour boiling water over barley; stir.
- Top with beef mixture and tomatoes with liquid; do not stir.
- Re-cover and microwave on medium high (70 %) for 30 minutes.
- Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.