Baked Zucchini Tomato Corn Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6medium zucchini, sliced in coins
1/2 ccorn, cut from the cob
2 cfresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1small green pepper, chopped
1small onion, chopped
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1small bay leaf
·dash of dried cloves
3/4 csharp cheddar cheese, grated
·parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)
How to Make Baked Zucchini Tomato Corn Casserole
- Grease casserole and add zucchini coins. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp. butter. Saute' green pepper and onion 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over pepper and onion. Stir in the tomatoes and corn.
- Add the salt, brown sugar, bay leaf and dried cloves. Stir well. Cook the sauce, over medium 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over zucchini. Dot top with additional butter. Cover evenly with grated sharp Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes.