Baked Zucchini Tomato Corn Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- medium zucchini, sliced in coins
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- corn, cut from the cob
- 2 c
- fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- small green pepper, chopped
- small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- small bay leaf
- dash of dried cloves
- 3/4 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)
How to Make Baked Zucchini Tomato Corn Casserole
- 1Grease casserole and add zucchini coins. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2In large saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp. butter. Saute' green pepper and onion 1-2 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle flour over pepper and onion. Stir in the tomatoes and corn.
- 4Add the salt, brown sugar, bay leaf and dried cloves. Stir well. Cook the sauce, over medium 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened.
- 5Pour sauce over zucchini. Dot top with additional butter. Cover evenly with grated sharp Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes.