My mother never fed us asparagus, except in this recipe. She knew from us that we would not touch it!. However, she often took this casserole to family reunions, and we gobbled it up! Her doing so caused many to ask her for the recipe.
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter casserole dish.
3. Put in layer of peas (without juice).
4. Chop pimiento; cube eggs. Mix eggs and pimiento, and add a layer of this mixture.
5. Add half of mushroom soup. Repeat layers. Add a nice heavy coating of cheese on top. (Sybil, my mother, often used sliced American cheese for this.)
6. Bake casserole in oven for about 20 minutes.