Amazing Butternut Squash Bake
1med. butternut squash-peeled and cubed
1/2 conion [finely chopped]
1egg [lightly beaten
1 tspbrown sugar
·salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cflavered ritz or saltine crakers [crushed]
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
1 Tbspbutter [melted]
How to Make Amazing Butternut Squash Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large pot, bring the squash to boil. Reduce to a simmer until squash is soft.
3. In a large bowl, mash the softened squash. Mix in the mayonnaise, onion, egg, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together crackers, Parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over the squash mixture.
5. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until the topping is lightly brown.
- Tip: You could cook the butternut squash in the microwave just like a potato, then clean out insides & peel. So easy!