A "Not so Average" delicious Spinach Casserole
- 2 pkg
- chopped frozen spinach (in square box pkg.)
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 small
- can of tomato sauce
- 10 medium
- mushrooms sliced
- 1 small
- onion chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- small jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 to 2 c
- shredded jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley
How to Make A "Not so Average" delicious Spinach Casserole
- 1Cook both pkgs. chopped frozen spinach in water, boil for about 5 to 8 min. to unfreeze. While this is cooking, saute the mushrooms, onions and parsley in a little butter or olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Drain when onions are soft.
- 2Drain the artichoke hearts, put on a cutting board and cut up with a knife getting small pieces. When the spinach is cooked, drain in a large collander, pressing against the sides with a fork to get all the water out.
- 3Spray an 8 or 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Put the spinach on the bottom. Add the sour cream, tomato sauce, the sauteed mushrooms, onions and parsley and the artichoke hearts. Mix all well in the pan with a fork or whatever you want to use, make sure its all mixed well. Add more salt and pepper while you are mixing for taste if you wish. Put your jack cheese on top, covering it all. Cook in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 min. or until you see the sides bubbling and the cheese starting to brown. Enjoy!