☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2-3 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/3 cwhite wine
1 cwhite or brown rice
2/3 clow salt chicken or vegetable broth
How to Make Yummy Rice
- In med sauce pan on med heat with lid melt butter and add olive oil so butter doesn't burn. Add onions and saute until tender careful not to brown. Add garlic and continue to saute until fragrant.
- Add rice stir until lightly browned. Watch heat, depending on style of stove top you may have to make adjustments.
- Carefully add white wine and stir getting any yummy bits that may have stuck around and bottom of pot.
- Add remaining liquids and give it a good stir and bring to a boil.
- When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to low. This is where you want to add your seasonings. I usually add a dash of black pepper and salt. I like this dish because it is a great side for fish or chicken and you can add fresh herbs and different spices depending on your tastes.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes and fluff with fork and enjoy!