Wild Rice and.......
**I originally erred when I said this provided 6 to 10 servings. This will make 20 or 30 servings. But when going through the effort I make plenty to freeze for later use. I freeze in a number of one quart zip-lock bags and press no thicker than my finger, so if I want a quarter of it I can just break it off to warm in the microwave.
1 1/2 to 2 cwild rice uncooked
1 cbrown and long grain rice uncooked
1 cwhite rice uncooked instant or not
3 can(s)chicken stock
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil or any oil
2/3 cchopped walnuts or pecans
1/2finely chopped onion
1/2 tyo 1 cfinely chopped mushrooms your choice
2egg yolks uncooked (yolk only)
1 Tbspparesly chopped fine or dry
1 tspsage dry
1 tsppoultry seasoning dry
·smidgeon of salt and pepper.
How to Make Wild Rice and.......
- Cook the Rices separately, they require different cooking times. In large microwave bowl cook 2 cups Wild Rice 2 pats Butter and teaspoon Oil in 1 can Chicken Stock and 1 can of water for 16 to 18 minutes. Stir 2/3 way through. Cover with paper towel to retain heat.
- Do same for Brown and Long Grain Rice, should take 12 to 15 minutes on high. And then again for White Rice, should take 10 to 12 minutes. Check each Rice for doneness.
- When all rice is cooked toss together well and add 1/2 stick Butter and the two raw egg yolks. The Egg Yolks add flavor and fortify the dish. Warm rice will cook the yolks immediately. Again do not use the Egg Whites They will cook and be scattered throughout the rice. Yuck. Additional Chicken Broth can be added if rice looks dry and will take it.
- Microwave the finely chopped Onions and Mushrooms, with pat of Butter,in a small bowl for 3 to 5 minutes on high.
- Add the Onions, Mushrooms, Walnuts or Pecans, Parsley, Sage and Chicken Seasoning and bit of Salt and Pepper and again mix and stir all well.
- Taste. I lightly season this so that the nutty flavor of the Rice Pops through. This freezes well. I freeze this in quart Zip lock bags and don't overfill. I press flat and store about the thickness of my finger so I can break off what I need and continue freezing the rest.
- An excellent accompaniment to Wild Game, All sorts of Poultry and Fowl, as well as Fish, Pork and Beef. It takes some work, but well worth the effort and the excess is ready and available when desired. This approximates the Rice served at Red Lobster.
- Note: Finely chopped Dates, Prunes, Raisins or Cranrasins could also be added. Your Choice.