Verginia's Fried Rice
Whenever she comes over I get her to bring a batch. She knows our son doesn't like peas, so there's always a portion without them :)
The best fried rice I've ever eaten (including Chinese take-out).
- 6 c
- regular converted rice, cooked
- of each, beef and chicken bouillon cubes (add to water that you will cook the rice in)
- 1/4 c
- each canola oil and margarine
- 2 large
- cooking onions, chopped fine
- 1 c
- frozen peas
- 1 c
- frozen carrots, cubed (optional, but use 2 cups peas)
- green onion tops, chopped
- 6 - 8 eggs
- soya sauce to taste
How to Make Verginia's Fried Rice
- 1In a large skillet, heat canola oil and margarine on medium heat, add onions and sauté until tender. About 10 mins.
- 2Meanwhile, in a separate fry pan, scramble the eggs.
- 3Add cooked rice to pan with onions and mix together.
- 4Add scrambled eggs to rice and mix through.
- 5Add chopped cooked beef, chicken or pork to pan, stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes
- 6Then add 2 cups frozen peas and the green onion and mix and stir some more.
- 7Add soy sauce to taste, continually stirring until peas are done (about 5 mins or so).
- 8Serve from pan to plate or put into a covered container to take to a party. You can keep leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for a couple of days.