Verginia's Fried Rice
Whenever she comes over I get her to bring a batch. She knows our son doesn't like peas, so there's always a portion without them :)
The best fried rice I've ever eaten (including Chinese take-out).
6 cregular converted rice, cooked
2-3of each, beef and chicken bouillon cubes (add to water that you will cook the rice in)
1/4 ceach canola oil and margarine
2 largecooking onions, chopped fine
1 cfrozen peas
1 cfrozen carrots, cubed (optional, but use 2 cups peas)
2green onion tops, chopped
·6 - 8 eggs
·soya sauce to taste
How to Make Verginia's Fried Rice
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil and margarine on medium heat, add onions and sauté until tender. About 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a separate fry pan, scramble the eggs.
- Add cooked rice to pan with onions and mix together.
- Add scrambled eggs to rice and mix through.
- Add chopped cooked beef, chicken or pork to pan, stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes
- Then add 2 cups frozen peas and the green onion and mix and stir some more.
- Add soy sauce to taste, continually stirring until peas are done (about 5 mins or so).
- Serve from pan to plate or put into a covered container to take to a party. You can keep leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for a couple of days.