Touch of Asia Rice Dish
- 4 c
- cooked white rice
- box fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 Tbsp
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz
- sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 c
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
How to Make Touch of Asia Rice Dish
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3ook long grain and wild rice mix according to package directions-takes 5 minutes. Combine this and the cooked white rice in a large bowl; set aside while making sauce.
- 4In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook on medium high heat, stirring, just until onion is translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add cream cheese; reduce heat to medium and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- 5To the rice in bowl, add water chestnuts, cream cheese mixture, 1 t. salt, ½ t. black pepper, milk, soy sauce and 1 c. of the shredded cheese. Stir thoroughly and pour into prepared pan.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining 1 c. shredded cheese and bake 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.