Tex-Mex Rice Rice Baby!
2 tspvegetable oil
1 cmedium grain white rice
1 smallwhite onion, chopped fine
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 mediumtomato, roasted, peeled and cored-chopped
1 1/2 cchicken broth-not water
1/2 ccorn kernels, fresh
1/2 corange bell pepper, diced
1/4 ccarrot, diced
1 smallcan diced green chilies
1/4 cchopped cilantro
1 cqueso fresco, crumbled
How to Make Tex-Mex Rice Rice Baby!
- In a small pan bring the broth to simmering.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat-add the oil, then the rice, onion, garlic, corn, peppers, carrot and cook, stirring, until both the rice and vegetables are light brown-around 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer over medium low heat, cover.
- Cook, stirring every 5 minutes until done, around 20 minutes. Be careful, the last 10 minutes can go from tasty to burnt.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and cilantro.
- Taste and add salt if needed.