Speedy Stuffed Peppers
- red, green or yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 lb
- lean ground beef (80% lean)
- 1/3 c
- chopped onion
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- (6.8 oz.) rice-a-roni beef flavor
- 1/4 c
- tomato paste
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Speedy Stuffed Peppers
- 1Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Cook in boiling water, 5 minutes; drain well. (Or, microwave in 13x9-inch glass baking dish, covered with plastic wrap, 5 minutes on HIGH.)
- 2In large skillet brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 3In same skillet, prepare RIce-A-Roni Mix as package directs.
- 4Heat oven to 375 F. Place cooked peppers cut-side-up in 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Combine rice and meat mixture; spoon into pepper halves. Combine tomato paste, water and brown sugar; spoon over rice mixture.
- 5Tent with foil; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.