Spanish Rice in the Skillet by freda
This one is full of flavor, Hope You'll try and Enjoy. Very easy to put together.
This is mine.
It is very versatile, and you can use this as a main dish by adding meat to this, Burger, Chicken Pork, Beef, What ever your choice, or as a side dish along with your choice of a main dish.
- green bell pepper choped (1 1/4 cup approx)
- 1 med
- onion chopped, (approx 3/4 c)
- 1 C
- long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 14oz
- can diced tomatoes with onions & celery (hunts)
- 1 14oz
- 1 can chicken broth, or "note" if no broth use 1 can water and 1 tsp chicken base (or bouillon)
- 3 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- garlic cloves chopped or 2 tsp garlic pdr.
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, (optional)
1ST; CHOP ALL VEGIES AND SET ASIDE
2ND; MEASURE AND SET ASIDE SEASONINGS
How to Make Spanish Rice in the Skillet by freda
- 1Chop all vegies set aside,
Measure all Seasonings set aside.
Heat Oil in skillett to Med Hi Heat.
- 2Add: Vegies and uncooked Rice.
Cook till rice begins to brown.see photos above.
- 3Add: all the spices @ once, cook 2 more minutes as you stir.
- 4ADD: Tomatoes, then fill the can with Broth or water add to rice.
(do not use Both Water and Broth)
Salt to taste
- 5Bring to High rolling boil. Cover, and reduce heat to Low. Cook 15 min. see photos above.
Remove from heat, Let rest covered for another 15 min.
- 6Sprinkle with grated Cheese if desired, or serving suggestion, add Browned ground beef t this for a full meal.
I usually use this as a side dish with any mexican dish, such as;
Enchiladas, Tacos, Refried Beans, Burritos, carnitas, fajitas, etc. You name it. . . even pork chops, & roasts. The choice is all Yours.