- 1 c
- rice (i personally prefer to use jasmine rice)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- oil (use enough to coat bottom of the pan good)
- 1/8-1/4 c
- onions, diced
- roma tomatoes, cubed
- 1-2 dash(es)
- seasoning salt (i prefer johnnys)
- 1-2 dash(es)
- garlic salt (i prefer lawry's brand)
- tomato/chicken bouillon cube (i find these type in the hispanic isle, i prefer knorr brand)
- 2 c
How to Make Spanish Rice
- 1While heating oil in pan, you will want to prep. Cut up your Onion & Tomato, as well as heat up water in a Microwaveable dish with the bouillon cube in the water. I find this easier for me to get it to blend in the rice with out leaving as many lumps. I normally add the water once it's time while using a spoon to mash up the cube, but you don't have to it's just what I do to make it easier for me.
- 2Once oil is hot and you have a bit of a sizzling sound. Add Rice, Seasoning, Onion let that brown a bit, do not burn your rice. Stir occasionally. You will than want to add your tomato, stir a tiny bit. Than carefully add your water mixture with the cube dissolved in the water, scrap any remaining bouillon into the rice mixture.
- 3Once at a hard boil, give it a good stir than turn heat down to a simmer covering rice. DO NOT open lid while simmering for approx 20 min. I sometimes take the pan and give it a good shake and leave the lid on just to kinda give it a good little stir.
- 4Once you have let it simmer for 20 min, uncover give it a good stir and if it still needs a few minutes turn heat off and cover for a few more min. This makes a good side dish.