- 1 c
- long grain white (or your favorite)
- 1 medium
- red, green, or yellow bell pepper
- 1 small
- yellow onion, minced
- 3/4 c
- chedder cheese, shredded
- 1 small
- can of tomato paste
- 1/4 c
- water, you cooked your rice in
- 1 tsp
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder (optional)
- italian seasoning (optional)
How to Make Spanish Rice
- 1Preheat you oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 glass dish with Pam or Crisco spray (Thats what I use) set aside.
- 2I cook my rice(use package directions) on the stove in a saucepan till almost done but not completely (will finish cooking in the oven)and save 1/4 cup of the rice water or more if needed.
- 3Mix together your onion, bell pepper, salt & Pepper,chili powder(opt.), italian seasoning (opt.),and your small tomato paste and mix gently into drained rice,add 1/4c.rice water blend well
- 4Place rice mixture in dish and spread chedder over surface evenly, cover with a piece of foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven but be careful when you remove foil so steam dosent burn you, enjoy! May want to salt & Pepper as needed.