I've had so much complements on this rectangular spam musubi cause everyone is used to seeing the original shape.
If you love spam musubi, you'll like this new style too.
How to Make Spam Musubi
- 1Use the rice cup from the rice cooker to measure, rinse white rice, add the water and salt. Push the start button on your rice cooker.
- 2Fry the slices of Spam, let cool to touch then dice into little blocks.
- 3When rice is done, keep on warm for 20 minutes. Now add the diced Spam and Furikake into the rice and fold in to mix.
- 4I make my triangle musubi's by hand da ol'e fashion way, you may have a plastic mold to make musubi's that you may use too.
- 5Sprinkle water to your hand or mold (sor rice won't get stuck to it) then fill half way with mixed rice, add a Ume in the middle then cover with more mixed rice and mold into a triangle or push down on your plastic mold.
- 6With one half of a sheet of Nori, wrap each musibi (rice ball) like the Nori covered musubi in my picture. Enjoy at a picnic or just for dinner with some scrabbled eggs and vienna sausage!