Simple Orange Rice
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I made this for company and everyone raved. It was simple to make, creamy, and had a delicate orange flavor. It's already been requested again. :)
How to Make Simple Orange Rice
- 1Melt butter in deep saucepan.
- 2Add celery and onion; cook until onion is tender, but not brown.
- 3Stir in orange rind and juice; bring to a boil.
- 4Add cooked rice, salt and thyme; mix just enough to moisten all the rice.
- 5Remove from heat; cover and let stand several minutes.
- 6Fluff with fork before spooning into center of crown roast of pork, or serve with baked ham or Hawaiian-style chicken.