Simple Japanese White Rice
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cshort-grain sushi rice
How to Make Simple Japanese White Rice
- Put rice in a bowl and wash in several changes of cold water until water is clear.
- Drain in a sieve 15 minutes.
- Soak rice in water (3 cups) in a 4-quart heavy pot 30 minutes.
- Cover pot with lid and bring rice just to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes (avoid lifting lid).
- Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir gently with a heatproof rubber spatula, folding from top to bottom of pot.
- Rice can be kept warm in a bowl, covered, set over (not touching) 1 to 2 inches of simmering water up to 45 minutes.