Shiitake Rice with Green Onions
- 3 c
- dried shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 can(s)
- 14.5 oz each of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bag(s)
- 2-cup size of boil-in-bag rice
- green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp
- light soy sauce, low-sodium
How to Make Shiitake Rice with Green Onions
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the water and shiitakes and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let soak for 20 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the shiitakes from the water and set aside. Add broth to the shiitake water and bring to a boil. Immerse the bags of rice into the boiling liquid and boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2While the rice is boiling, slice the shiitakes. When rice is done, remove the bags from the pot, cut open and pour rice into a bowl.
- 3Add sliced shiitakes, green onions and soy sauce. Toss to combine.