☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 chot water
2 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 cbasmati rice
2 1/2 cwater
·salt, to taste
How to Make Saffron Rice
- Soak the saffron in the hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the rice in a strainer and rinse under hot water until it runs clear. Then rinse again under cold water and leave to drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the rice. Sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add the remaining amount of water and salt, bring to a boil, and add the saffron infusion.
- Stir, cover tightly, and leave to simmer on a very low heat (preferably on a heat diffuser) - for about 20 minutes, until craters from on the surface.
- Stretch a piece of cheesecloth or a dish towel over the top, cover tightly with a lid, and leave in a warm corner to rest for 10-15 minutes. The cloth will absorb the steam from the rice and allow the grains to separate.