★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- frozen peas
- zucchini pealed and sliced into 1 " pieces
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- oinion chopped
- carrot, sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- medium grain white rice
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- optional; 1/2 cup fresh dill
How to Make Risotto with Vegetables
- 1Warm 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add peas,zucchini,1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper cooking 3 minutes and stirring.Set aside.
- 2In saucepan heat broth and 2 cups of water and simmer over low heat.Cover.
- 3In skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil, onion and carrot.Cook 5 minutes till softened.Stirring.
- 4Add rice and cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup warm broth into rice and simmer until broth is almost absorbed,about 3 minutes.Stir constantly.
- 5Add broth to rice 1 cup at a time;allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding the next and stirring.Takes about 20 minutes till only 1 1/2 cups of broth remain in rice.
- 6Add vegetables and 1 cup of broth.Simmer 5 minutes and stir.Add cheese,peas,butter and 1/2 cup broth or water and simmer 3 minutes,until tender.Keep stirring.
- 7Rosotto should be creamy. Stir in dill and add cheese on top.