☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cgreen onions, chopped
1/2 tspfresh thyme, or 1/4 tsp dried
3/4 carborio rice
2 1/2 cchicken broth
3/4 cfrozen peas, thawed
1 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Risotto With Peas And Green Onions
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add green onions and thyme and saute until onions wilt, about 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add 2 1/2 cups broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in peas.
- Simmer until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, adding more broth by 1/4 cup if risotto is dry and stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1/3 cup cheese; season with salt and pepper. Serve risotto, passing remaining cheese separately.