Rice Pilaf with Meat
How to Make Rice Pilaf with Meat
- 1Lightly brown the blanced slivered almond or pine nuts in the 2 tbsp butter, on medium, until golden. Don't leave these unattended as they burn easily.
- 2In separate pan, brown meat in 1/4 cup butter.
- 3Add the salt & all spices. Stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the hot water.
- 5Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer.
- 6Cover & simmer over low for about 25 minutes or until water is abosorbed & rice is tender.
- 7Add the toasted pinenuts reserving a small amount for garnish.