Rice Pilaf with Meat
1-1 1/2 lbground beef or lamb
1 cslivered blanched almonds or pine nuts, toasted
2 cparboiled rice
3 1/2 cwater
How to Make Rice Pilaf with Meat
- Lightly brown the blanced slivered almond or pine nuts in the 2 tbsp butter, on medium, until golden. Don't leave these unattended as they burn easily.
- In separate pan, brown meat in 1/4 cup butter.
- Add the salt & all spices. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the hot water.
- Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer.
- Cover & simmer over low for about 25 minutes or until water is abosorbed & rice is tender.
- Add the toasted pinenuts reserving a small amount for garnish.