Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4roma tomatoes, peeled and quarted
1 conion, peeled and quarted
1/3 cvegetable oil
2 clong grain rice, uncooked
4 to 5 clovegarlic, minced
1 to 2jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
3 cchicken broth
1 Tbsptomato paste
1 1/2 tspsalt
How to Make Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
Puree tomatoes and onions until smooth. Measure out 2 cups. Discard rest.
- In an oven-proof Dutch oven heat oil until it shimmers. Add rice sauteeing and stiring until golden in color. (10 to 15 minutes)
- Add garlic and jalapeno. Stir until fragrant. (15 to 20 seconds)
- Stir in tomato/onion mixture, chicken broth, tomato paste and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (30 minutes) stir at 15 minutes in.
- When finished baking, fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.