REID'S ULTIMATE FRIED RICE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
There are so many variations to a fried rice dish, so maybe you could even come up with your own twist on it!
6 slicesmoked bacon, cut into strips
2 cdiced sausage
1 cdiced spam
1 cchar siu, chinese red pork, diced
1/2 conions, thinly sliced, or diced
5 ccooked rice, cold (last night's left over)
1/2 csoy sauce
2 Tbspoyster sauce
·salt and ground pepper to taste
1 cgreen onions, thinly chopped
How to Make REID'S ULTIMATE FRIED RICE
- In a large deep skillet pan, cook the bacon till it is crisp.
- Add the butter with the bacon and melt it.
- Then combine the sausage, spam, char siu and onions. Cook till the onions are tender.
- Make a well in the middle and add the beaten eggs. Cook till the eggs are just done.
- Add all the cold rice in and break up the balls of rice. Incorporate well with all the meats.
- Pour the soy sauce and oyster sauce evenly all over. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. (Here at home we like a lot of ground pepper with our fried rice).
- Either, add in the green onions last or use it as a garnish to top. Serve hot.