Quick Mexican Corn Risotto
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 Tbspunsalted butter
2 clovegarlic, pressed
1/4 tspground cumin
1 cmedium grain white rice
29 ozchicken broth
10 ozfrozen corn
1/4 cwhipping cream
1 cmonterey jack cheese with jalapeno, shredded
·fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make Quick Mexican Corn Risotto
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cumin; saute 1 minute.
- Mix in rice. Add broth and frozen corn and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until rice is tender and mixture is slightly thick and creamy, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Add cream and cheese and stir until mixture is heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.