Quick Fried Rice
- 2-3 c
- cold, leftover rice (or make your own and cool - 2 c water/1 c white rice)
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- eggs, beaten
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- inches fresh gingerroot, minced or grated
- 1/2 c
- shredded carrots
- red bell pepper, diced
- scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 c
- frozen peas
- 1/4-1/3 c
- tamari, low sodium
How to Make Quick Fried Rice
- 1*If making your own rice: Bring water to a boil, add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook over med-low heat until tender, 15-18 minutes. Spread rice on a cookie sheet to quick cool.
- 2Heat a large skillet (or wok) over high heat. Add 1 T oil to the pan.
- 3Add eggs and scramble, then move them off to the side of the pan and add a little more oil to the center.
- 4Add garlic and ginger, then carrots, pepper and scallions and quick fry the veggies for about 2 minutes.
- 5Add rice and combine with veggies.
- 6Incorporate the scrambled eggs and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add peas and tamari and stir-fry 1 more minute, then serve.