Quick Fried Rice
2-3 ccold, leftover rice (or make your own and cool - 2 c water/1 c white rice)
3 Tbspvegetable oil
2 clovegarlic, chopped
2inches fresh gingerroot, minced or grated
1/2 cshredded carrots
1/2red bell pepper, diced
4scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1/2 cfrozen peas
1/4-1/3 ctamari, low sodium
How to Make Quick Fried Rice
- *If making your own rice: Bring water to a boil, add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook over med-low heat until tender, 15-18 minutes. Spread rice on a cookie sheet to quick cool.
- Heat a large skillet (or wok) over high heat. Add 1 T oil to the pan.
- Add eggs and scramble, then move them off to the side of the pan and add a little more oil to the center.
- Add garlic and ginger, then carrots, pepper and scallions and quick fry the veggies for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and combine with veggies.
- Incorporate the scrambled eggs and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas and tamari and stir-fry 1 more minute, then serve.