- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. finely diced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white vermouth (dry) or dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesano reggiano. see note: @ bottom
- 1/2 stick butter
How to Make Painless Risotto!
- 1Preheat oven to 350F
In a medium sized oven proof pan/pot(with fitting lid) over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic and sauté until soft. (do not brown)
Add the rice and stir until well coated.
Add the Vermouth/wine and stir until it has been absorbed about a minute.
- 2Increase heat to medium. Stir in broth and cream and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Or cover with foil and then press down the lid.
- 3Put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is done and creamy. (It might take 5-10 more minutes depending on your stove).
Remove from oven and stir in the the cheese and the butter. Enjoy. Easiest Risotto ever.!! :-)
- 4NOTE: I buy Parmesano Reggiano (which is very expensive)@ Sam's Club or Costco. I can buy a pound wedge for $11.00 which is less then half of grocery stores. I grate it in my processor and freeze it. I can scoop out what I need without any trouble.
BTW. be sure to save and freeze The Rind!! Add it to any soup or your pasta sauce. It adds wonderful flavor. (of course fish it out when serving.
The rinds sell at Whole Foods Stores for $14.00 per pound.