No Fuss Mexican Rice
1 crice (uncooked)
1/8 c1015 sweet yellow onion, diced fine
2 sprig(s)cilantro, fresh
1 can(s)(8oz) v8 juice
1/8 ctomato, fresh, diced fine
2 TbspKnorr-Suiza Tomato Boullion with Chicken Flavor
2 TbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbspminced garlic (OPTIONAL)
·water (to cover rice, not necessarily 2 to 1 ratio)
How to Make No Fuss Mexican Rice
- In large skillet (with lid), heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil over Medium-Low heat.
- Add diced Onion and season with a pinch of salt. Sweat the Onion over Medium-Low heat until translucent. Stir only to avoid any over cooking. OPTIONAL: Add Garlic when Onion is about half way done.
- Add Rice. Increase heat to Medium. Cook until rice is light brown, stirring frequently.
- Add Tomato. Sautee until Tomato begins to break down. NOTE: Rice will begin to soften slightly in the juices of the Tomato. This is OK as it will prevent the Rice from over browning.
- Add Water to just cover the Rice.
- Add V8. Stir to combine liquids.
- Add Knorr-Suiza. Stir to dissolve completely.
- Add Cilantro.
- Cover and reduce heat to Medium-Low. Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes or until all Rice is split open.
- Remove stemmed Cilantro prior to serving. Use fresh plucked Cilantro leaves and a pinch of finely diced Tomato as garnish.