More than just rice
We've talked about making it with brown rice and just haven't gotten around to it yet. If you try it that way please be sure to let me know how it comes out.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 c
- jasmine rice, hot
- 1 large
- sweet onion
- 1 can(s)
- muir glenn fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- black beans
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded chedar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
How to Make More than just rice
- 1Prepare the rice according to directions on the package and have it hot (at least warm) as you start to assemble the rest of the dish.
- 2Roughly chop and saute the onion in the butter/margarine until it's just barely tender. Do not brown.
- 3Put all of the rice into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Layer the ingredients starting with the onion, then the tomatoes (put a little water in the can and get out all the juice if you'd like), black beans and lastly the cheese.
- 4Put the casserole into a 350 degree oven and let it bake for about 20 minutes. The cheese will melt (but not brown). Serve immediately.