1 cwhite rice
1/2 mediumyellow or white onion diced
2 to 3 clovegarlic minced
1 1/2 Tbspolive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 cimagine no-chicken broth
1ear of corn, kernals removed
1 mediumcarrot diced
1 to 2 Tbspel pato tomato sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mexican Rice
- heat oil in large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. add onion and rice stirring frequently until the rice is browned.
- while the rice is browning, heat No-Chicken broth in microwave for about 1 minute. (If you prefer use regular chicken broth)
- add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute until garlic is fragrant.
- slowly add hot broth and bring to boil.
- reduce heat to simmer and cover. cook for 20 minutes.
- while the rice is simmering cook the corn and carrot together until soft.
- remove rice from heat and add vegetables, El Pato and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!