★★★★★ 1 vote5
- medium onion
- 3 c
- 1 lb
- cooked or canned lima or kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp
How to Make Jagacinda (Jag)
- 1Cut up onions in a 2 quart pan. Simmer in oil until golden brown.
- 2Add 6 cups of water to onions, and season to taste with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 3Bring to a boil and add 3 cups of rice. Lower heat, add beans of choice, cover pan, and simmer simmer for 25 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- 4Turn off stove and let stand. Serve with chicken linguicia, of other meats.