HOMEMADE RICE A RONI
- 3/4 c
- white rice
- 1/4 c
- black rice
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or olive oil
- green onions chopped- or any other onion you like.
- kleenex- if you chop your own onions
- shallot cut up
- 1/8 c
- red burgandy wine- not for drinking.
- 1 c
- sun dried tomatoes, dry packed
- 4 c
- chicken stock
How to Make HOMEMADE RICE A RONI
- 1boil 2 cups of water and add the boullion cubes.set aside. make sure you have 2 full cups of water to add.
heat oil/butter in a skillet large enough to hold the rice when cooked.
add the shallot, but not the green onion.
add the black rice if using and heat till shallots are heated thru. add the 1 cup of chicken stock.
cover and simmer 30 min. after that add the white rice the remainder of the chicken stock and sun dried tomatoes. simmer an additional 60 min. last 15 min add the burgandy cooking wine and green onions. if it cooks down too much add a little more wine or water. cook until both rices are tender.
- 2if you dont like the black rice you can reduce the cooking time by 30 min.