Herbed Rice Stuffing
For this recipe I'm using the casserole method.
At the bottom you'll see some Stuffing Tips I've included.
This is made from rice, but I've also got a Cornbread Stuffing recipe listed too.
1/2 lbbulk pork sausage
1/2 lbground beef
1/2 cchopped onion
2eggs, slightly beaten
1 Tbsppoultry seasoning
2 Tbspminced fresh parsley
2 Tbspminced celery leaves
1/2 tspgarlic powder
4 ccooked white rice, cooled
How to Make Herbed Rice Stuffing
- In a large skillet, brown sausage, beef and onion; drain. In a large bowl, combine eggs, poultry seasoning, parsley, celery leaves, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well.
- Add meat mixture and rice. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- STUFFING TIPS:
- How much stuffing will fit into a bird? Prepare about 3/4 cup stuffing for every 1 pound of poultry.
- You can prepare stuffing ahead of time and refrigerate it. But never stuff the poultry until you are ready to bake. Loosely spoon stuffing into the neck and body cavities to allow for expansion as the poultry roasts.
- - Stuffed poultry requires more roasting. Add 15-45 minutes to the time unstuffed poultry takes.
- The internal temperature of the stuffing must reach 165 degrees in order to be fully cooked.
- - Cover the whole bird and let it stand for 10-20 minutes before removing the stuffing. Remove all stuffing and store any leftovers in separate containers in the refrigerator.
- Stuffing can also be baked in a casserole dish as this recipe suggest. You can bake it at the same time as the poultry.