G-Mom's Party Rice
1 lbground chuck
1 lbground pork
3medium onions chopped
1bell pepper chopped
3celery sticks chopped
1 bottlesherry...750ml, any kind, sounds like alot but you will use it all
1 bottleworcestershire sauce..you will use most of this
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1 can(s)chicken broth
2 crice steamed. 2 cups before steaming
How to Make G-Mom's Party Rice
- I use a well seasons cast iron dutch oven but any non teflon pot will do. You dont want teflon because you want everything to stick and deglaze your pan.
- This will all be done on med to high heat. Start by browning ground meat and ground pork. Salt and pepper. Whenit starts to stick pour a little sherry and worcestershire sauce.
- Add one vegtable at a time allowing everything to cook down until the pot is dry and deglasze the pan . Stirring with a large spatula from the bottom.
- Keep cooking and deglazing the pan..this may take an hour to an hour and a half. When you run out of sherry your meat and veggies should be mushy
- When out of sherry let the meat cook till dry and add half the broth and cayenne pepper. let cook down add the other half. Let cook till almost dry.
- This meat is very strong and sweet. Take half the mixture and freeze for future use or use more rice.
- Fold in steamed rice.