☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- cold, cooked rice
- 1/4 c
- vegetable or olive oil, divided
- onion (or 1 bunch green onions)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- frozen peas & carrots
- 1/2 c
- ham, cooked shrimp or cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
How to Make Better than Take-Out Fried Rice
- 1Loosen rice by rubbing it between your hands to separate.
- 2Lightly beat eggs. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a wide frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add egg and cook, stirring often until soft curds form. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3Increase heat to medium-high and add 1 Tbsp. more oil. Add onion and cook til transparent; add garlic, peas & carrots, and desired meat. Cook, stirring continually until heated through (about 2 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4Add remaining oil to pan. Add rice and cook 2 minutes. Add meat and vegetable mixture and heat through. Add eggs and soy sauce (I used low sodium). Stir and serve.