Esmeralda's Mexican Restaurant Rice
- 3 c
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- knorr caldo de pollo chicken base
- 4 c
- chicken stock
- 2 c
- cherry tomatos or any tomatos blended
- that is fresh.
- 1/4 c
- oil for frying onions, rice and garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken adobe mexican food store or walmart
- 1/2 c
- peas if desired
- add some cilantro
How to Make Esmeralda's Mexican Restaurant Rice
- 1Add oil to the bottom of a frying pan and fry garlic, onion, and rice till it is golden brown. Add your adobe powder to your rice. It is optional. Maybe, hard to find in your area where you live.
- 2Put tomatos in a blender or food processor and add to the rice mixture. Add the chicken stock a little at a time. Than add your lemon and chicken bouillon or (Knorr Caldo de Pollo). Caldo de Pollo is a powdered bouillon easy to use. My daughter in law uses this all the time. This is her recipe.
- 3Put heat on simmer till it absorbs the liquid. Use a lid. Add a few peas about 1/2 cup if desired. Takes about an hour. Done! Rice should be light firm and fluffy.