Dirty Rice by Chelle
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1 pkgeckrich smoked sausage sliced
8 cwater or chicken broth
4 cwhite rice
·salt and pepper to taste
·minced garlic to taste
·minced onion to taste
·cajun seasoning to taste
How to Make Dirty Rice by Chelle
- peel and chop onion, it works great to do it in the food processor
- put water or broth and rice on to boil. Once boiling cover and turn to low for 20 minutes. You can take this time to add some salt and other seasonings to your rice if you add it now it has a chance to cook through the rice as the water evaporates and the rice swells
- brown ground beef then remove from pan, making sure to drain grease. I added the minced garlic and onions, salt and pepper to the ground beef.
- brown smoked sausage chunks then remove from pan, making sure to drain grease
- quickly saute chopped onions (I used the grease that was already in the skillet from browning the meat)
- Once rice is tender and all of the water is cooked out, add the meat and onions that you have browned. you can add a tiny bit of the grease from the skillet if you want it gives it more color than anything.
- add Cajun Seasoning to taste, make sure everything is mixed thoroughly. Simmer until everything is brought back up to temperature and you are ready to serve.