Chinese Fried Rice
- 3 Tbsp
- peanut oil
- shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 oz
- ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 c
- frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 c
- cold leftover cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp
- rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the pan. Add the eggs, green onions, salt & pepper.
3. Scramble the eggs in the pan. Once this mixture comes together in clumps, add the rice, shrimp mixture, and rice wine. Adjust the seasoning with soy sauce or salt & pepper. Serve hot.
4. Feel free to saute cabbage, broccoli, bok choy, or diced carrots along with the shrimp, ham and peas.
5. Use cold leftover rice only. This recipe won't work well with freshly cooked rice. It will be mushy and stick to the pan, a real mess.