★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 cbrown jasmine rice (or long grain white or brown rice)
2 cchicken stock
1/2 czucchini, shredded
1/2 ccarrots, shredded
1/2 cfrozen peas
1 ccheddar cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheesy Veggie Rice
- Start by preheating a saucepan on medium heat with the butter.
- Once the butter starts to melt, add the garlic and let it cook for about two minutes.
- Add the rice and chicken stalk. Bring to a boil and cook according to the directions that come with the rice but shy about 5 minutes.
- After the rice is almost cooked, add the shredded zucchini and carrots as well as the peas.
- Stir and place the cover back on the saucepan. Let cook for the remaining 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.