Cheddar Cheese Risotto
If you want to save prep time, use pre-shredded cheese.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a real winner - My entire family likes it. The Test Kitchen
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2baby leeks or fat scallions, finely sliced
1 1/2 crisotto rice
1/2 cwhite wine
1/2 tspdijon mustard
4 chot vegetable stock
1 cchopped cheddar cheese
2 Tbspchopped chives
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Risotto
- Melt the butter and oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat and cook the leeks or scallions until softened.
- Add risotto rice and stir for around 1 minute, then turn up heat to medium-high and add the wine and dijon mustard. Stir until wine is absorbed.
- Ladle in hot vegetable stock and let each ladleful become absorbed before adding the next one. Stir constantly.
- Stir and ladle until rice is al dente and all vegetable stock is absorbed (around 20 minutes). Then add cheese and stir into rice until it melts.
- Remove pan from heat and continue to stir. Spoon into serving bowl or directly onto plates. Sprinke with chopped chives.