Cheddar Cheese Risotto
If you want to save prep time, use pre-shredded cheese.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a real winner - My entire family likes it. The Test Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- baby leeks or fat scallions, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- risotto rice
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 1/2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 4 c
- hot vegetable stock
- 1 c
- chopped cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped chives
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Risotto
- 1Melt the butter and oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat and cook the leeks or scallions until softened.
- 2Add risotto rice and stir for around 1 minute, then turn up heat to medium-high and add the wine and dijon mustard. Stir until wine is absorbed.
- 3Ladle in hot vegetable stock and let each ladleful become absorbed before adding the next one. Stir constantly.
- 4Stir and ladle until rice is al dente and all vegetable stock is absorbed (around 20 minutes). Then add cheese and stir into rice until it melts.
- 5Remove pan from heat and continue to stir. Spoon into serving bowl or directly onto plates. Sprinke with chopped chives.