Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I also love making different versions based on my entree. Sometimes I like it plain........other times I like to clean out the fridge and add whatever leftover veggies I have. It seems to be different each time.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 cchicken broth
4 Tbspunsalted butter
2 carborio rice
1 cdry white wine
2 ozparmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
·salt and pepper, to taste
2 clovegarlic, minced (can be added to any variation)
1 lbasparagus, thin
1/2 Tbsplemon zest
2 ozmushrooms, sliced
2 Tbspunsalted butter
How to Make Cheater Risotto
- Bring the broth and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Keep the broth warm over the lowest possible heat.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly browned, about 9 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook until the edges begin to turn translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until it is completely absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the warm broth and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to cook, stirring in roughly 1/2 cup of the broth every few minutes, until the rice is cooked through but is still somewhat firm in the center, about 11 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Minced garlic can be added to any or all variations in step 2.
- ASPARAGUS VARIATION:
Trim the tough ends from the asparagus. Cut the asparagus on the bias into 1/2-inch lengths. Add to the rice in step 4 after 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and Parmesan in step 7.
- MUSHROOM VARIATION:
For the best texture and flavor, brown the mushrooms in butter in a separate pan with thyme and stir them into the risotto just before serving.