Carmita's Cilantro Lime Rice (Arroz Blanco con Cilantro y Limon)
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil maybe a tad more
- 1 c
- jasmine rice or long grain white rice, pre rinsed twice in cool water and drained of all the excess water.
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 3 clove
- fresh garlic mashed or put through the garlic press
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice ( not the stuff in the bottle)
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh lime zest
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and a little black pepper
- 1/4 c
- diced sweet vidalia onion
How to Make Carmita's Cilantro Lime Rice (Arroz Blanco con Cilantro y Limon)
- 1Add the oil to a heavy sauce pan and heat on low. Add the garlic/onion and saute a little until onion is limp. Add the raw rice, make sure you have rinsed it twice under cool water and drained or strained real well of all the excess water. Add to the garlic/onion and oil and begin to stir real good so as to incorporate all the oil and garlic real good into the rice. Saute like this for about two minutes.
- 2Add the chicken broth, salt, lime juice and bring to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil. Reduce heat to low Cover and cook for about 15/20 minutes or according to the rice package directions.
- 3When the rice is done, add the lime zest and the chopped cilantro and stir into the rice to mix in real well. Serve Immediately. You can serve with any type meat or chicken or fish.
- 4Above I show it served as a bed for my grilled chipotle shrimp. Enjoy...