This recipe is easy to double if you are serving more people or want leftovers.
How to Make Brown Rice
- Pour water into saucepan to bring to boil add soup mix so you can get it to dissolve (you don't have to cook it all the way it will cook in the rice
- Rinse rice and DO NOT cook
- Melt margarine in a 10" skillet with lid
- Pour in rice and let it cook till it starts getting brown
- Pour the boiling soup in and cover immediately
- Turn down to simmer
- Very important to leave lid on so make sure you turn to a simmer setting. Let cook 20 min and check rice to see if it is cooked.