Broccoli Cheese & Rice Casserole
2 lbbroccoli, fresh
1 largered onion or vidalia if you can get them!
1 15oz. jar(s)cheez-whiz
2 cuncooked rice
1 can(s)evaporated milk
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
How to Make Broccoli Cheese & Rice Casserole
- Cook rice. While rice is cooking, cut and trim fresh broccoli into bite-size pieces. Chop red onion.
- In a large pan, saute broccoli and onions in butter until broccoli and onions are tender. (I sometimes steam the broccoli if I have time so that it is more tender.)
- Add cheeze-whiz, soup, milk and cooked rice and stir together.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes.
- This freezes well.....although I never have any left over to freeze. hehe